Day 5: Secretary part 2

 Today I was back with events and decor. The original plan was to go to their Hollywood sound stages today! Maybe meet some celebrities. Unfortunately it was a closed set, meaning I needed a negative test to enter. That means that someone Uber famous must’ve been there if they’re being strict. Sad to miss my fan girl moment.

Today I instead shadowed Joy today. She is a new employee who is still learning the ins and outs of this job so it was nice to kind of see what she is learning right now. She was processing a new client today and an order. Because it was ordered today and needed to be picked up today it was a bit of a rush. She showed me how to make a quote for the job. Then we had to go out and look for some of the furniture they wanted. It was a fairly small order however the quantities of chairs that they wanted we didn’t have. So we had to find the ones that we did have in the warehouse and potential replacements. Something Joy was telling me is that for events, a lot of the equipment is easy to buy and replace because it is always in such large quantities. However for decor, this is more furniture and things for music videos, photoshoots, etc. are not generally replaced because it’s harder to replace them. There is also a lot less of each item in inventory. The inventory and website is currently a bit messed up because of Covid. So many times they have to check items in person and through their tech system. 

After checking those I inputted some information into a google sheet. This google sheet is for the renovation of the website, it is a list of everything they own and the old prices. They are re-inputting the new prices that are in the system. Because their system, POR, has different prices than the website. So they took off prices in the website and are redoing it all. For a lot of the furniture it was missing the dimensions. What I did was put in the dimensions for those that I found on the website. I obviously inputted like a pro. 

Another job of mine was to answer the phones. Also did that like a pro. My dad can no longer scold me for not articulating. It is the clients that don’t. I had the unfortunate miscommunication of thinking the client was saying e-bolts when she was trying to say easels. But it all worked out in the end. Otherwise I was super fancy and took messages left and right. And on top of that I finished my science paper that I may have not know was due today. Lesson of all of this is that I am a boss intern. 


My desk for the day




Best friend for the day




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: A Day In Production

Day 1 - Touring Line 204