Day 8: Chill Day

 Today was my last day coming to the office. I went to go help out in production. However today was a bit of a slow day down there. The only work they had to do was flip some pickups. This means that Shant would get the paperwork from the warehouse after the pick ups were picked up and he’d update the clients list of items and state the trucks they were in. Then once he’s done he’d print it out and give it to the guys so that they can easily check the items when they are returned. 

Pretty simple. Since it was a slow day, we talked and chilled while waiting for the okay to go to the sound stages. Unfortunately despite being able to go to the stages, he said I would most likely not be able to see Zendaya. Apparently the crew comes in and sets everything up early and stays the whole day but the “talent” is only there for about an hour of the day. I guess that’s show biz. 

While hanging out I took the time to pick Shant’s brain about different celebrity encounters and the inner workings of show biz. He was telling me about how Beyoncé built a tunnel from her trailer car to the stage door so that no one would see her. That’s crazy! Jerry, the VP, also came to join the conversation. He was telling me how he’d met the Rock. He said that the Rock is one of the nicest dudes. Jerry also met Megan Trainor. He said she was extremely nice and even showed his kids around set. I wish I could’ve met her!

After fun story time, Shant went back to inputting items and flipping paperwork. We chatted and waited for three to roll around so we could go to the stages. Finally the time came to go backstage. Unfortunately when I got there I discovered the reason we were finally allowed in was because the talent had already left. This is very sad. I meet the production manage, Tanya, who shows us around the stage. When we arrived they were already taking down everything to reset the stage. Shant then took me around the back rooms like the offices, dressing and make up rooms and the green rooms. I learned that green rooms are lounging areas for the talent. So I was walking in the same rooms that Zendaya was just in! I'll take what I can get. I snap a quick selfie so I can say that I was in the same room Zendaya was just in like thirty minutes ago. I walked into the last green room to find a large bouquet of flowers. We go over to read the card and see its addressed to Lupita. The Lupita! From Black Panther! I am freaking out. I obviously take a picture of the note and flowers cause I am totally a fangirl. We then grab some lunch from the fancy catering that they apparently always get when the stages are being used. It was some good and fancy chicken that I chowed down. Shant and I ate with the producer, PA's and some other people he knew on the crew. I just listened as they chatted about the crazy life in show biz. They had to start setting up for this shoot at 4:30 am! That's too early. It was nice though to hear a bit of an inside scoop about what it's like working in showbiz not as a famous actor but as the behind the scenes people. Although it seemed hectic, I do think I would be interested in going into this line of work. While interning at Line204 I have made great connections which can help me get started.

The biggest thing I learned when here is that going into the industry you don't need a fancy degree, the two most important things you need are connections and experience. This has been a great experience to learn about a potential career path. Today was a great and fun last day at Line204. 



Selfie in Zendayas Green Room


Lupitas bouquet




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Secretary part 2

Day 4: A Day In Production

Day 1 - Touring Line 204